Image Map

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Becoming a Woman: The Story of a Headboard

Well guys, it happened, I am officially a woman; I have a headboard!  A few months back I shared a post about my longing for a headboard, you can find it here.  I knew I wanted a rustic style, DIY headboard but I had a couple different ideas.  I finally settled on this being my inspiration...

I didn't have a pallet big enough for my bed so I simply sent this picture to my craftsman (my father) and he built it for me. I would have loved to do the staining myself but I wasn't able to make time in my schedule to drive up to Riverside and do it.  But, the important thing is that I have a head board, see...
Reed the deer loves it.

2 comments:

  1. That is super rad! I want to make one. Wish my bed frame didn't have one attached. Cute blog btw!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wanted something with a rustic feel and I was on a budget, so this was perfect.
      Kris

      Delete