Image Map

Monday, September 23, 2013

Chevron Fail

This summer when I was spending time at my parent's house before the move I decided to to a couple of DIY projects for the new house.  One of them was revamping a cork board.  I had seen a few things I liked on Pinterest and thought it might be fun to do a chevron pattern on the cork part and paint the frame.  Okay, let me just tell you, I know that chevron is all the rage but I had never actually attempted to draw it out and for some reason I found it a lot harder then it probably should have been.  First off, let me just say I failed geometry in high school, angles are not my thing.  Secondly, Rose Art cork boards are cheap for a reason, the cork on the top layer comes off very easily when pulling off painters tape.  Anyhow, everyone has their DIY fails so I thought I would share mine.

Starting out
Tapping out the chevron
Clearly helping
Painting the cork
Crooked chevron pattern with some missing paint and cork.

It's really not all that bad.  The righthand side is obviously where it is most noticeable but I figured it's a cork board, things will be pinned to it and it'll be covered up half the time.  Plus isn't perfection overrated anyway?

But honestly, if anyone has any chevron pattern tips that may make my life easier in the future that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment