Image Map

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Prom-Filled Weekend

April has already proved to be a busy month.  I once again drove back to my parent's in Riverside this week to see my baby sister off to her Senior prom.  I made the hour and a half journey down the I-15 after class Thursday and woke up early Friday morning to go with Molly to her Mac appointment and then we got some well deserved ice storms at Nordstrom's Cafe before making some lunch at home, touching up her hair, and heading to take pictures with her friends.

Watching Molly and her friends get all dolled up for a stupid night of dancing with their friends makes me miss being that age.  At the time you don't realize it but prom is pretty cool, if you don't let it become something bigger than it is.  I have yet to find an occasion where I could get my hair and makeup done, buy a fancy floor-length dress and just dance the night away with my friends.  I doubt that will happen again until I get married, which is a bit of a bigger commitment than being someone's prom date.




How cute is she?  She went with a friend which is always more fun. Despite breaking a couple of nails (and acting like it was the end of the world) I'm pretty sure she had a good time.

It definitely made me want to go back to my senior prom and get dressed up all over again.  Why can't we have proms in our 20's? Give me one good reason.  I would definitley like to redo the dress...and the shoes. What was I thinking, I could have been so much more fabulous. 


Me and my three best girl friends went together with our dates who were also friends.  Despite regretting the dress I regret nothing else from that night.

To all you kids going to prom this season, HAVE FUN and don't take it to seriously.  There is my wisdom for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment