Image Map

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Bird-Murray Wedding

This weekend my childhood friend Alissa got married.  I grew up with Alissa and her whole family; they lived right next door to my childhood home for ten years.  I am not exaggerating when I say me and my sister spent almost everyday with with her and her sisters.  After we had lived in those tiny little Perris, California houses for ten years we each moved within months of each other to Riverside.  Even though we all didn't see each other as much we kept in contact and this year when I moved to San Diego I was lucky enough to be within fifteen minutes of some of the Bird sisters again.  Having them living here in San Diego my first year here has helped tremendously and now one of us is married!

The six of us ringing in the new year (either 97 or 98?) at my childhood home.

All six of us girls used to constantly talk about what it would be like when one of us got married as we played Barbies or swam in the blow-up pool in one of our backyards.  Now that they day is here, I could not be happier.  The wedding was perfect.  The ceremony was beautiful, of course I cried.  Despite being a bit emotional it was also the most fun wedding I have ever been too. It felt so relaxed, like everyone was there just to celebrate and have a good time.  So many other weddings I have been too fell somewhat like a show instead of what it should be, family and friends simply celebrating two people who love each other.

They had the wedding at Jeff's grandparent's house and had friends and family help out with everything which just added to the intimate feel of the day.



The ceremony 



At the reception with my date, my roomie Arpi.

The couple's first dance.

My favorite family ever partaking in their "family dance."

Delicious desserts made by Alissa's sister and my BFF Samantha.

Congratulations Jeff and Alissa! Couldn't be happier for you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment