Image Map

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Let's Catch Up: Washington

I would first like to start off this post by saying that I am in fact alive.  Sorry for the absence last week but as I said, I was in Washington on vacation and had no internet where I was staying.  I know I said I would try to stop by a Starbucks or something and write a post or two but I'm going to be completely honest, it was kind of great just relaxing and exploring Seattle and Vancouver.

I had a great week in Washington, perfect way to end my summer since I move on Friday (dear god I have so much to do).  But, leaving packing aside once again I thought I would share some things I did on my trip.

List of awesome things I did on vacation:

  • Made friends with our neighbor's black lab and springer spaniel, Angelo and Winston.
  • Drank a lot of beer and ate an ungodly amount of fish and chips.
  • Got lost in Vancouver. 
  • Got coffee at the original Starbucks.
  • Bought a Deadliest Catch sweatshirt.
  • Saw the Wizard from The Deadliest Catch.
  • Finally saw The Dark Night Rises.
  • Collected shells that I can hopefully use for a DIY project.
  • And the best part? I did NOT have to sit home in Southern California during the biggest heat wave in years.  I spent my time in 60-80 degree weather. 














I hope all of your have been having a great summer.  This week is pretty exciting for me because 1. I'm moving on Friday and 2. It's Shark Week.  I've got a massive pile of things to get done including some DIYs and crafts so I will be back blogging full time I hope!  

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great vacay! I LOVE Seattle - the hubs and I are hoping to take a trip up sometime this fall. Welcome home. :)

    -d
    www.PinkPeonyStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you and your hubby have fun in Seattle! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Lady! I just came across your cute blog via the hop and I'm so happy to be your newest follower! Also I'd love to invite you to a fabulous triple giveaway I'm having right now!

    Hope to see you there, and thanks so much!
    xo

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete