Image Map

Friday, August 17, 2012

High Five For Friday!

Happy Friday bloggers!  My busy August continues, moving day is tomorrow! I have been completely preoccupied with everything that I didn't even realize today was Friday, as soon as I remembered I figured I better take a break from packing to write my H54F post since I haven't linked up in a couple of weeks.
1.  After getting home from Washington I FINALLY got to see my BFF Miranda, I haven't seen her all summer so we drove down to her new house, not far from my new place in San Diego, and I spent the weekend with her.  We got frozen yogurt because for whatever reason I have been obsessed with frozen yogurt lately, I think it's the heat.  Then someone (me) thought it would be a good idea to watch "P.S. I Love You" and take a tequila shot every time she got a letter.  But hey, what the hell are nights with your best friends for if not for drinking and watching rom coms? 

1.5.  Yes, I have added a 1.5 to this H54F.  After staying up drinking and eating pizza we woke up late and got some Chinese food and Starbucks for our ride back to my parent's house an hour away.  Unfortunately So Cal is having major weather issues lately so we drove through the storm of the century that day.  We literally saw trees on fire after being struck by lighting on the side of the road.  Thank god we had Starbucks.

2.  I had my transfer orientation at SDSU on Monday.  The concept is exciting but the day was far too long and extremely hot.  Upside? They served really good chicken salad wraps for lunch.  Transfers are the last to register for whatever reason so I didn't get my first choice classes by my shedule doesn't look too bad.  I'm taking French 1, (which I'm slightly dreading, someone please tell me French isn't that hard) Design 1, Art History from 1945-present, and an upper division Anthropology class.  Everything sounds pretty interesting, I'm just thrilled up done with my lower division minus the language.

3.  I found decorative pillows for cheap at Bed Bath and Beyond and Anna's Linens!  Score!  I have been looking for reasonably prices throw pillows everywhere and for whatever reason our world thinks its acceptable for someone to sell a pillow for $40.  Do people really spend that much on a small pillow? Seriously people?  Anyhow, I'm pretty excited about my finds.  I'm still in search of a smaller, oblong pillow to go in front and completely my bed but that can wait.

4.  My new phone background!  I'm kind of in love with it.  Anyone who knows me knows how obsessed I am with the little mermaid.

5.  Yesterday I got to see some of my girlfriends before I move.  We had coffee in the morning and because all my mugs are packed this is what I drank my coffee from.  Then we got lunch (I got frozen yogurt again) and we watched some Shark Week.  

This last week here has been busy but I've loved it.  I especially owe a thanks to Miranda for helping me clean out and pack my entire closet, Lord knows that was an ordeal.  This time tomorrow I'll be all moved into my new house and in about a week a start school again.  So wish me luck and I start a new chapter and happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment