Image Map

Saturday, May 4, 2013

19 Things you Should Stop Doing in Your 20s

It is currently 8 o'clock and I completely forgot to write my post for today's blog everyday in May.  Then after thinking about it I realized that finding one quote that I loved would be far to difficult so I decided I would share this with you instead...

I recently came across this article on Facebook after a friend had posted it.  The article is a list of 19 things you should stop doing in your twenties.  As someone currently in my twenties (I am 22) I found this incredibly enlightening.  They all seem like fairly straight forward suggestions on how to be an adult and live life more happily but so many people do not take these sort of things to heart, I included.

The first point struck me as pretty interesting.  It is "Stop placing all the blame on other people for how they interact with you."  I don't know about you, but this sounds pretty freaking hard to me.  When someone does something that you don't particularly like it's obviously easiest to blame them entirely for the situation.  The fact is though, just like this article says, that "you are the only consistent variable in your equation."  I little tough to accept but it is true.

Another point that I have been trying very hard to do lately is, "Stop treating errands as burdens."  I do this all the time leading up to an errand.  I try and make someone go with me weather it is one of my roommates or my sister; I don't want to go out and go shopping or pick up groceries on my own.  The fact is though, when I do go and do it on my own it's kind of nice.  I can shop for as slow or as fast as I want, I can pick up Starbucks for myself, and I can blast my favorite song on the way there and back and sing in the car.  Living in San Diego this year I have been driving back to my parent's house in Riverside quite a bit for family events, holidays, etc. and I always dread driving for an hour and a half by myself but when I do it's kind of nice.  It's time to myself to think.  Use those errands as an opportunity to spend some quality time with yourself.


I encourage all you twenty somethings or almost twenty somethings to read these 19 things and take them to heart.  Which ones are your favorite?  Ones you need to work on?  Or anything you disagree with?

There, no I may not have stuck to the list but I did blog today, so that counts right?

No comments:

Post a Comment