Image Map

Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog Everyday in May: I am 22

I consciously made the decision to not blog yesterday because I needed to stare at my books and think about studying.  Only after I do that, can I actually study.  So any who, I'm back today.

The questions for today is, "If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do?'"

The fact is that at the moment I am an unemployed student.  I have had odd minimum wage jobs and I will be looking for another one once finals are over but like most twenty two year olds, I do not have a career.  As of right now basically what I do is figure out what I want to do!  That's kind of the cool and scary part of being in college.  You have your whole life ahead of you so I still get to figure out what it is I want to do for the rest of my life.  I really don't know exactly what that is going to be, I may not even necessarily use my degree in art history, as much as I love it.

Being my age I often get people hounding me about what I am going to do with the rest of my life, like I should already know and have a plan.  I think they are just jealous that I am young and can still chose whatever path I want in life.  Honestly, you can do that at any age, it is just that as we get older and more comfortable it gets harder and it gets scarier.

As for right now, I go to school and learn about what interests me, I blog and make things in my spare time, and I stress about the future.  I spend money I don't have, I have fun with friends and roommates, I don't do laundry as much as I should. I eat grilled cheese for dinner almost every night, sometimes I drink more than I should, and I sometimes I watch too much TV.  I am twenty-two, that is what I do right now and you know, that is fine for now.




4 comments:

  1. I loved this. I feel like you speak my life with everyone of your posts lol. lets be friends! :)

    -kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly! Thanks! Always love your comments! Lets :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I know exactly how you feel. I remember feeling that exact "unsure" feeling about what to do after college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little scary sometimes, but I'm enjoying things for now. That's all you can do right? :)

      Delete