Image Map

Thursday, June 14, 2012

DIY Distressed Jewelry Stand


Hello lovelies! I have another DIY project that I actually completed last week.  I have more jewelry and knick knacks then I know what to do with so I can never have enough storage.  I saw this idea on Pinterest for a distressed jewelry stand made out of terra cotta pots and I thought it would be perfect and pretty easy to do.  I followed the link on Pinterest and the blog showmecute.com had an amazing tutorial on how to make it!  Visit the tutorial here and watch her video tutorial to find out how to make one!

I obviously did mine in brown, but you could do any color you want and I used Gorilla Glue to glue mine together and I believe in the tutorial I linked she uses super glue.  I'm just going to give you a couple tips if you do decide to use Gorilla Glue like I did: 1. READ THE DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY! I did not, it clearly states on the bottle to wet the surface you are gluing and yeah that does help, directions are there for a reason! 2. A little goes a long way, Gorilla Glue does expand so don't use too much. 3.  Gorilla Glue takes a few hours to dry so make sure you give it enough time to dry completely and do not touch it while it is drying.










Hope you guys enjoyed! Let me know if you try it too!

6 comments:

  1. this rocks! and your pictures are totally great, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! hope you have a great day :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo nice Jewelry Stand! I like it!
    Tatiana
    http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! love the way it turned out

    ReplyDelete