Image Map

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DIY Necklace Hanger

I am sure many of you have seen these idea all over Pinterest, I have seen dozens of bloggers do this and I thought the idea was brilliant.  The unfortunate part about this idea is that it involves power tools and me + power tools=disaster.  Luckily my dad helped me out A LOT with this because he is the wizard of woodwork.  So let's get started.


1. Buy some drawer knobs you like.  I got most of mine at Hobby Lobby except the key hole one I got from Michael's.  The knobs from Hobby Lobby were all 50% and the one from Michael's was only $1.50.  You will also need a piece of wood.  Luckily my dad has some scrap wood in the garage and I just used that.


2.  We measured the knobs about three inches apart from each other but it just depends exactly what you want to hang on them.  Since these will only be for necklaces they don't have to be that far apart.

3.  We cut the board down so it was smaller and drilled holes for the knobs.  


4.  After the board was cut and drilled I stained it with this Red Mahogany stain.  This is obviously optional, you may want to paint yours a color or leave the wood alone depending on what you piece of wood looks like.


5.  I screwed the  knobs into the desired holes and then my dad sawed off the ends of the knobs so I would be able to hang in on the wall.  If I had tried to saw this myself I would probably be typing this with four fingers, thank god for dad.




Let the stain dry a bit and you're done!  I've packed mine away now for my new house but I'll be sure and post pictures of it when it's hung up.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the mismatch different knobs, such a great idea for the random vintage knobs collected from falling apart furniture, to keep them like memories :)

    http://charmcolorfully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just bought all of mine but that is a great idea too! :)

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and I think I'm in love. I'm your newest follower!:)

    Shelby xoxo
    shelbychasingbirdies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Appreciate the follow! :)

      Delete