Image Map

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Let's Catch Up: Sandwiches, Antiques, Cupcakes

Yesterday I went for an afternoon date with my BFF Violet.  We went to our favorite downtown spots for sandwiches, window shopping, and of course cupcakes.  All the best things in life!


Introducing the BEST chicken sandwich ever; Simple Simon's chicken tarragon with avocado on fresh sourdough and a side of fruit salad.  They also have a bakery so their bread is to die for.

Next we went to a small local store that sells all sorts of little trinkets and vintage things.  I love this sign they had there.  I'm a big believer in "you make your own happiness."  If you're miserable and bitter about life, it's probably because you want to be miserable and bitter.  When I was younger, and by younger I mean like a year ago, I hadn't figured out the whole "happiness is a choice" thing but I think part of growing up and maturing is realizing you have to make the best out of every situation because life is never gonna be fair but there sure are a lot of pretty awesome things in life.  Like sandwiches with avocado, puppies, and sparkly things! 

Something I didn't like about yesterday were these extremely creepy pillows of half human, half bunny ladies dancing.  WHY?!

Then we went to a GIANT antique store downtown that I love looking around periodically.  Some things are over prices but on a good day you can find some good deals.  These are some examples of awesome things in life; all kinds of pretty things!  Also, I need a mirrored vanity tray like this one but I have yet to find one in my price range.

LOVE this picture, LOVE ancient architecture, LOVE being an art history major no matter how useless people keep telling me it is.  Life's too short not to major in something you love!

Example number two of awesome things in life; finding a random picture of Meg Ryan.  As you can tell Violet was throughly confused.

Does this even need a caption?  Giant hot dog's are put on this earth so you can take pictures with them.

Next we went to Casey's Cupcakes winner of cupcake wars!  Casey's is actually not my favorite cupcake place, nothing will ever beat Sprinkles.  But it's close and some of their flavors are pretty good.

How cute are the "Beach Boy" blue, red, and green cupcakes for summer?!  And to the left of them are the cupcakes of the month, smore!


I got a cupcake with a Reese's on top.  To be honest with you I have no clue what the cake and frosting was, I just saw a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on top of it so I got it.  Not my favorite, the Reese's was probably the best part.  They do have pretty good dark chocolate cupcakes though, and their German chocolate is also yummy.  Maybe I should stick with those.

Creepy dancing bunny pillows and satisfactory cupcakes aside, it was a pretty good day.  Aren't days with your BFF always good though?

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are wonderful! Looks like you had a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely was, a day with cupcakes is never a bad day :)

      Delete
  2. I'm drooling over these pictures, I also blog about the cupcake places I go to hehe :) And I love the look and feel of the antiques!

    Caitlin
    http://charmcolorfully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete