Image Map

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day Cupcakes


Yesterday I made 4th of July cupcakes for our family BBQ.  Although the 4th has pasted here's a festive recipe you could save for the holiday next year.  Or you could use the recipe and just add different colors for any occasion!

I got the recipe here but I changed the frosting a little bit.  I added almond extract to it so instead of plain vanilla it was vanilla cake with almond frosting, my absolute favorite.  Unfortunately I didn't have time to let the frosting sit in the fridge and it was a bit running so I was not able to pipe it and make it look pretty.  I guess that's what I get for baking right before I'm supposed to leave.  Nevertheless, they turned our delicious and were a huge hit at the BBQ.



4 comments:

  1. these look delish! love your redesign :)

    Rachel
    www.lalalists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me so long to do, glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. Those are SO cute!! What a great way to be patriotic!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They were a huge hit. You could do any colors for any holiday too! :)

      Delete