Image Map

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Me Myself and I #1

Today I'm linking up for the first "Me Myself and I" link up party. I think it's a pretty awesome idea especially because I'm pretty sure my about me page is bare.  Read along to know a little more about me...

1. What is your biggest phobia?
SPIDERS. I realize that just about everyone is scared of spiders but I'm convinced my fear is not normal.  I am constantly afraid that I am going to be home alone and a huge spider will appear on my wall and I will die. Yes, die.  I also have a fear of being strangled or having my neck cut.  I hate people touching my neck, I automatically freak out.  I watch a lot of Law and Order: SVU because it's the best show ever, but anytime there's some neck injury I have to look away.

2.  If you could relive any day in your life what would it be and why?
This is an extremely tough question.  I don't think I could pick just one day, I would have to say the two weeks I was in Europe in high school.  When I was 16 there were about 30 of us from my high school who went on a trip to Europe.  We visited Rome, Assisi, Florence, Pairs, and London.  That was when I really discovered my love for traveling and new places.  It wasn't until my second year of college I changed my major to art history, so now that I know a little bit more about the art there I'm dying to go back and study.  I truly believe traveling aboard is something everyone should do while they are young, it helps to give a completely new outlook on life.  It could be for school or just for your personal enjoyment.  In America it's unfortunate that we do not hold art or culture to be very important and we also do not teach our children about other world views.  To me, you're an adult when you finally realize that your way of doing things is not better than anyone else's just different and traveling helps you realize that.

Here are a couple pictures I took on my trip if you are interested...







3.  If you could choose a certain age to stay forever what would it be?
When I was younger I always wanted to be 22 for whatever reason.  When my sister and I played Barbies, my Barbie was always 22. It seemed like the perfect age at the time.  I thought, "Wow, 22 is so old. I bet by the time I'm 22 I'll be in love and have the perfect job and my whole life will be figured out!" I turn 22 in three and a half months and I can tell you none of that is true.  I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will never have as good of a life as I gave my Barbies.  Now that I'm older and so much wiser I realize your 20's are the time in your life when you have to figure everything out.  When I think about my 20's now I sing the Friends theme song in my head, "your jobs a joke, your broke, your love life's DOA."  Anyhow, 22 seems like as good as of an age as any. I can drink and buy my own spray paint. 

4.  What celebrity do you get mistaken for?
I can honestly say no one. I have yet to find my celebrity doppelganger. If anyone sees a similarity between me and a celebrity you know of, let me know.

5. What songs are included on the soundtrack of your life?
California-Phantom Planet 
Blackbird-The Beatles 
When You Were Young-The Killers
Blowin in the Wind-Bob Dylan
Love is a Battlefield-Pat Benatar

That's just off the top of my head. In reality there are too many great songs to choose from.  How about all of the songs on my ipod?

Hope you guys enjoyed learning a little bit more about me!

9 comments:

  1. Wow those photos were amazing! Isnt Paris amazing!? I spent two weeks there in middle school and it just blew my mind!

    Rachel
    www.lalalists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I don't have a great camera but editing does wonders haha.
      Paris is so beautiful! I loved every second of it :)

      Delete
  2. stumbled upon your blog through the link up! I love your song choices and wish I could relive a day from your Euro two week trip! Looks like it was an amazing time.

    New follower!

    www.25inmy25th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow! I know, I wish I could be traveling all the time :)

      Delete
  3. Love the photos! Spiders made the top of my list too, stupid bugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) and I'm with you there, nothing needs eight legs!

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures from Europe. I bet it was such a great time! & it totally took me forever to find my celeb doppelgänger. Maybe eventually you'll find one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing pictures! love them!

    come say hello at nichollvincent.blogspot.com :)

    have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete